Monday, October 12, 2009

Announcements - CPS School


Class of 2008 Senior Prom
Cancelled
Feb. 2008 - Round 2006
by Marisa Bendett, Columnist


Maxine Wise, Education Director, has decided that the Senior Class of 2008 is too small to host a Senior Prom this simyear.  It would have been the first Prom for CPS Junior/Senior High held this May 2008.

"I was really looking forward to the Prom for the kids.  We had the venue rented with a refundable deposit down and I'm grateful it's still early enough to get our simoleans back...but being that our Valedictorian is now away in college and the lack of RSVPs received from the families, there's just not enough student participation to validate spending money on this event.  I think we only had two students to RSVP, the rest of them cancelled.  It's just not enough."  Maxine stated in a phone interview this morning.

There's always next simyear. 

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Mrs. Wise. This is Annabelle Randolph, Principal of Harper's Cove Public School System. I just feel terrible that you will have to cancel your Senior Prom. In Harper's Cove, we have an end of the year prom for all highschool students, 9th-12th grade. This is mainly because we seldom have very many seniors at one time. So that is one idea for you. Alternatively, we are getting ready to have our prom in the next couple of weeks and all of your highschool students are more than welcome to attend our prom if they so wish! Just let me know via email if you have any students that would like to attend. Thank you and best wishes!

    Annabelle Randolph
    Public School System Principal
    Harper's Cove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Randolph! So nice to hear from you! What a terrific invitation. I'm sure at least one of my Seniors would love to take a senior trip! I have posted an email announcement to all my parents, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to you soon.

    I might actually have to consider doing an end of the year Prom with all the highschool students. That's quite a solution to the lack of students in our Senior Class, thanks for sharing it!

    Maxine Wise

    ReplyDelete