Sunday, November 15, 2009


Burglar Nabbed on Cedar Street!
March 2008 - Round 2008


by Viv Everett, Journalist

Responding to alarms on the quiet suburb street around 3 a.m., Police were able to apprehend a burglar trying to gain entry into a house at 88 E. Cedar early Monday morning. The suspect has been identified as Russ Bear.

"I heard a car and house alarm going off. It woke me up out of my sleep. I thought it was my house." neighbor, Nick Michels, told reporters.


Officer Demi Love

Officer Demi Love was the first to arrive on the scene and captured the suspect before he could steal anything.

"When I arrived, the suspect was breaking into the front door, but I seized him inside the foyer. He never stepped foot into the main living area. The family was sleeping and did not hear the disturbance until after I had the suspect in handcuffs. Nothing was taken from the home." Officer Love recounted.





"I'm so glad this whole thing was resolved and no one in my family was hurt.  This man was dangerous.  It really pays to get your car and house alarmed, if you can afford it, because you can never be too comfortable; not even in the suburbs.  It's a shame that some Sims feel they need to resort to crime. " Keith Dalton stated. The Daltons have lived in this home for over nine simyears and have never had a break-in. 

Lt. Tomika Cunningham praised Ofc. Love for her arrest. "We train our officers to respond quickly and aggressively. This young woman has shown bravery and represents the SHPD with pride. I'm very happy that she was there."

The suspect, Russ Bear, was taken downtown instead of to Willow County Jail.  He is currently on suicide watch.

The Dalton family received $500 for damages to their front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment